How much Heatsavr do I need to cover my residential swimming pool?
by Danielle Hardgrave on May 7th, 2016

Residential swimming pool owners can dose their pools on a weekly dosage at a recommended rate of 4 ounces of Heatsavr for every 400 - 600 square feet, or approximately 20,000 gallons of water.

For more information on using Heatsavr on home pools, visit Residential Pool Owners.

Posted in not categorized    Tagged with no tags

12 Comments

Jordan - May 31st, 2016 at 10:24 AM
Thanks for answering this question! It's good for people to know how much they need in order to have their pool nice and warm.
Monique Nelson - May 31st, 2016 at 12:49 PM
Thanks Jordan!
It's one of the most common questions, and we like to try to make the answers as easily accessible as possible!
Jack Pine - July 23rd, 2016 at 2:24 PM
Should I switch the pump off at night after applying Heatsavr, or is it OK to keep the pump and skimmer running?
Thanks, Jack
Monique Nelson - August 8th, 2016 at 12:39 PM
Jack,
You can absolutely leave the pump running and Heatsavr will work perfectly well! The dosage rate is structured assuming that the circulation system will be running 24/7. If you have an overflow, or a vanishing edge pool, we would recommend turning that feature off at night if possible, for best results and also to save on your energy and water consumption overall. I hope this helps!
Nelson - August 11th, 2016 at 5:22 AM
Helloo. Wish to inquire about the chemical composition of the heat saver as many of my clients are soo concerned about the health harzards and need to know the composition.
Monique Nelson, Flexible Solutions - September 26th, 2016 at 10:08 AM
Thank you for your interest and desire to help our your clients!
Heatsavr is actually NSF approved for use in drinking water, so you can rest assured that there are no health concerns. Our liquid pool covers have been used around the globe for over 20 years now, without any health or safety issues.

The active ingredient in Heatsavr is most commonly used in the cosmetic industry in hair products, and skin products, so it is something people interact with regularly. The alcohol we use to help the product spread out is ethanol, it evaporates from the pool within 30 minutes of being dosed, and it is also a "green" bio-based alcohol, made from corn.

If you'd like to see more safety data, SDS and testing, please visit http://liquidpoolcovers.com/safety-data.htm

I hope this satisfies your clients, but please feel free to email directly for more information.
Ron Faux - September 13th, 2016 at 10:18 AM
My residential pool in s w Florida has a surface ares of 600 sq. ft. My pool heater brings the temp. Up to 90 degrees but due to the lower temp. Of the atmosphere the top 12 inches of the pool drops drama sticky. Will Heatsaver remedy this problem ?. If so then what results should I expect ?.
Monique Nelson, Flexible Solutions - September 26th, 2016 at 11:31 AM
Ron,
I wouldn't necessarily use the work "remedy", but it should certainly make a big difference! Heatsavr works by reducing evaporation, which occurs at the surface of your pool's water, as you noticed. Approximately 70% of heat loss is caused by this one factor: evaporation! Heatsavr has been shown to reduce evaporative heat loss by about 50%. One test was done on a pool that was losing 12 degrees of heat each night. By adding Heatsavr the heat loss was cut down to only 6 degrees, allowing a higher starting temperature in the morning, and getting back up to temp quicker each day!

I hope this helps to answer your questions, but if you'd like any further help, please feel welcome to email directly using the "contact" link at the top of the page!
Lynne - September 24th, 2016 at 1:16 PM
My pool surface is about 260 square feet. How much heatsavr will I need to use to start it up and how much per week?
Monique Nelson, Flexible Solutions - September 26th, 2016 at 12:00 PM
Lynne,
Thanks for your interest in Heatsavr! We recommend an average of 1 ounce per 100 square feet of surface area on a weekly basis. You're right inbetween, so I would suggest using 2.5 ounces of Heatsavr a week, which is the same dosage even with the initial application.

I hope this helps, but feel free to contact us directly if you have any other questions!
HOLLY SHAFER - September 25th, 2016 at 4:11 PM
can I use this in my spa to help retain heat along with the cover during the winter months?
Monique Nelson, Flexible Solutions - September 27th, 2016 at 10:32 AM
Holly,

Yes, you can use Heatsavr in a Spa, but we make a few recommendations for the higher temperatures:
1) If you can use a specific hard top cover for your spa, that would be the ideal recommendation when possible. 2) When that is not possible, Heatsavr can still reduce your heat loss dramatically, and cut back the cost of maintaining that high temperature, but I would suggest adding a higher dosage: 1 ounce / 50 square feet per open day.

I hope this helps, but please get in touch if you have any other questions!